There was a lot more growth to BuildAzure.com (ahem… I mean Build5Nines.com) in 2019. It’s been a couple years since I wrote up a “year in review” post, so I thought I’d do it again this year. Here’s a short summary of the top 25 posts on Build5Nines.com, in addition to other interesting growth statistics of the site in 2019.
Top Articles of 2019
The Build5Nines.com website has continues to grow throughout 2019. The website now has a total of 595 posts between all the articles and weekly newsletter posts.
Here are the top 25 posts that received the most traffic on the website in 2019:
- Microsoft Azure Icon Set Download – Visio Stencil, PowerPoint, PNG, SVG
- Raspberry Pi 4 vs NVidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit
- Azure Bastion: VM RDP & SSH Access within Azure Portal
- Top 3 Features in C# 8 that will change the way you write code
- Free Azure Certification Exam Self Assessment Tools
- Goodbye, Microsoft Professional Program is Retiring
- Microsoft Azure Certification List
- AZ-103 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Exam
- End-to-end CI/CD Automation using Azure DevOps Unified Yaml-defined Pipelines
- Properly Shutdown Azure VM to Save Money
- Do Microsoft Certifications Expire?
- Microsoft Certification Roadmap for Role-based Paths
- Azure Portal app for Windows in Preview
- Microsoft Virtual Academy is being Retired Jan. 31, 2019
- Microsoft Azure Certification: Where to Start?
- Cloud Design Patterns Infographic
- How to Setup an Ubuntu Linux VM in Azure with Remote Desktop (RDP) Access
- Securing Azure Virtual Machines using Network Security Groups (NSGs)
- Microsoft Cloud Workshops: Free Microsoft Azure Hands-on Labs
- Azure Functions: Extend Execution Timeout Past 5 Minutes
- Microsoft Exams Scheduled to Retire in Early 2019
- Free Website Hosting in Microsoft Azure
- Visual Studio Online Web-based IDE Private Preview
- AZ-203 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure Certification Exam
- Azure Icon Update Coming (New Icon Images)
2019 Traffic Statistics
Build5Nines.com (formerly BuildAzure.com) has continued to grow throughout 2019. The site saw a traffic growth of 29.53% in 2019 over the year before; with a total page view count of 1,093,542 in the year 2019.
|Year||Pageviews||Traffic Growth %|
|2015||15,442||Site launched June 2015|
Adding up all the page views that Build5Nines.com (formerly BuildAzure.com) has received since the site was launched in June 2015 comes to a total of 2,869,487 page views!
Annual Article Statistics
Every year, every month, and every week that goes by means more articles, weekly newsletters, and overall content growth of the Build5Nines.com (formerly BuildAzure.com) website. In 2019, we published 118 new articles with a total of 170,669 words written.
|Year||Total Articles||Total Words|
As can be seen, 2019 saw a an increase of articles published over 2018, and an increase in the total words written too. The year 2017 and 2016 saw a higher number of articles published in those years, compared to 2019, however, there were a larger number of words written in 2019 overall than each of those years. The reason for this change is that there has been an emphasis on writing longer, more impactful articles for the site when possible. This is a trend we hope to continue.
To close out this summary of statistics for Build5Nines.com, let’s take a look at this brief timeline of the most notable events for Build5Nines.com:
|December 31, 2019||Build5Nines Weekly newsletter reached 10,000 email subscribers!|
|November 2019||Website reached over 1 Million page views within a single year|
|November 2019||Chris Pietschmann and Dan Patrick create Microsoft Certification Exam Self-Assessment open source project|
|October 2019||BuildAzure.com is rebranded to Build5Nines.com and "Build Azure Weekly" newsletter renamed to "Build5Nines Weekly"|
|August 2019||First book "The Ultimate Guide to Microsoft Certification" written by Chris Pietschmann is published|
|April 2019||BuildAzure.com ranked #1 Microsoft Azure blog to follow in 2019 by Feedspot|
|July 2018||The 8th YouTube video is published to channel|
|May 2018||Author list grows beyond just Chris Pietschmann, to include additional content authors|
|February 2018||Website reached over 1 Million page views total|
|June 2017||New logo was designed, going away form the original "/a" logo.|
|May 2016||Build Azure Weekly email newsletter is started|
|February 2016||YouTube channel is created|
|June 2015||BuildAzure.com is launched by Chris Pietschmann|
Happy new year! Cheers to what 2020 will bring!