As the ecosystem around Mixed Reality heats up it’s getting more and more difficult to keep up to date on all the latest news and changes. This weekly newsletter / link blog will include links to many Microsoft articles as well as other blogs and resources posted online by the community at large. This may also include links on occasion that are not related to Microsoft but have relevance on Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and other related areas.
This is the very first edition of Mixed Reality Weekly here on BuildHololens.com! My name is Chris Pietschmann, and I’ve been doing a Weekly post like this over on BuildAzure.com for almost a year, and I though it was time to start doing the same thing over here for HoloLens, Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality and other related content. I really hope you find value in this weekly post / newsletter and subscribe to BuildHololens.com to get it in your email inbox every week. Thanks!
Here’s a collection of some of the most noteworthy blog articles posted over the past week; both from Microsoft and the Community at large:
- Happy Birthday HoloLens!! 1 Year Old! by Chris Pietschmann
- Microsoft says there are 150 HoloLens apps via CNET
- Microsoft HoloLens: One-year Anniversary via Microsoft HoloLens
- Microsoft is Expanding its Commitment to Mixed Reality Hardware by Brad Sams
- Here’s how Microsoft is ramping up Windows Mixed Reality marketing, sales efforts via ZDNet
- Unofficial VS2017 Mixed Reality Project Template by Bronwen Zande
- Hello HoloLens Emulator by Greg Duncan
- Adobe unveils new Microsoft HoloLens and Amazon Alexa integrations by Nat Levy
Since this is the first edition of Mixed Reality Weekly, here are some slightly older, yet very relavent, articles to read as well:
- Microsoft Accelerates HoloLens V3 Development, Sidesteps V2 by Brad Sams
- Microsoft to begin shipping Windows Mixed Reality development kits in March via ZDNet
- Kinect to HoloLens Holograms by Greg Duncan
- Trimble & University of Cambridge build the future of construction with HoloLens by Lorraine Bardeen
Do you have any suggestions or general feedback on the Mixed Reality Weekly blog series? Please contact me and sent it on over! Or tweet it over to @BuildHololens.
The types of feedback I’m open to hearing:
- What do you like about this series?
- What do you dislike about this series?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best resource it can be for everyone!
Thanks! If you enjoyed this, please subscribe to receive it in your email every week.