With Cybersecurity an extremely important aspect, and ever so increasing in importance, of any organization and their computer infrastructure and software solutions, Microsoft has introduced the Microsoft Certified: Cybersecurity Architect Expert certification. This offers an Expert level Security certification from Microsoft that adds to the number of Expert level certifications offered.
The Microsoft Certified: Cybersecurity Architect Expert certification is targeted towards Cybersecurity Architects, or any other Architect that helps their organizations design and evolve their cybersecurity strategy. Professionals working in this role will have a job role where they help protect the company’s from cybersecurity threats.
Here’s a couple other aspects to the Cybersecurity Architect role:
- They design Zero Trust strategy and architecture, including security strategies for data, apps, access management, identity, and infrastructure.
- They evaluate Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) technical and security operations strategies.
- They collaborate continuously with leaders and practitioners in IT security, privacy, and related roles to implement an organization-wide cybersecurity strategy that meets the businesses needs.
NOTE: Microsoft originally announced the availability of this certification in June 2022.
With the Microsoft Certified: Cybersecurity Architect Expert certification being an “Expert” level certification, you will need to earn one of the required, eligible “Associate” level certifications first. Then, you need to take and pass the SC-100: Microsoft Cybersecurity exam to upgrade to the Cybersecurity Architect Expert certification.
Before taking the SC-100 exam, you’ll need to complete ONE of the following prerequisite “Associate” level certifications:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate
Once you meet the prerequisite for the Microsoft Certified: Cybersecurity Architect Expert certification, then you’ll be able to take and pass the SC-100 Microsoft Cybersecurity exam to earn the full “Expert” level certification.
Happy testing and good luck!