Microsoft recently hosted a DevOps Virtual Workshop where they provided a deep dive into topics covering how to manage, automate, and transform applications and workloads within Microsoft Azure. This was held as a half day, virtual event that was recorded so it can be viewed afterwords. The sessions from this event provide tons of information and demos on DevOps and ALM integration for Architects, Developers and IT Pros.
The topics covered within the sessions of the DevOps Virtual Workshop include:
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Continuous Integration and Deployment between Environments
- Unit Testing
- Load Testing
- Infrastructure as Code
The workshop is all about DevOps integration with Microsoft Azure, so it targets an Architect, Developer and IT Pro audience. This provides an excellent resource for getting up to speed on the latest features offered by VSTS and Microsoft Azure for building better automation and DevOps integration.
The sessions included in this workshop are:
- Part One: Azure Cloud Development with Visual Studio Team Services
- Part Two: Unit Testing and Load Testing with Visual Studio Team Services
- Part Three: Application Insights in Azure
- Part Four: Application Development Security in Azure
- Part Five: DevOps in Azure for IT Pros
These sessions were originally recorded on March 10, 2016, and was presented by Ben Humphrey, an Azure Architect at Microsoft. The workshop does require registering with your email address to view the sessions, but it’s open for anyone.