While many of Microsoft product and tools cost money, they do have the Visual Studio Dev Essentials available for Free. Visual Studio Dev Essentials provides a lot of Free tools, training and cloud services offering everything needed to build and deploy apps to any platform. The things offered include Visual Studio and Azure service usage!
To get started, go Join Now!
Here’s a short list of the tools and benefits available through Visual Studio Dev Essentials!
All the Tools!
The tools provided for Free as part of Visual Studio Dev Essentials, include:
- Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition
- Visual Studio Code
- Team Foundation Server Express
The cloud services offered for Free include compute and storage, backend services for apps (web and mobile), IoT services, machine learning, analytics, and others such as:
- $25/month Azure credit for 12 months (promises to be offered soon)
- Visual Studio Team Services account for up to 5 users
- App Service free tier
- HockeyApp free tier
- Application Insights free tier
Free Trials and Downloads
There are many additional free trials and downloads available from third-party vendors too:
- Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition (3-month subscription)
- Parallels Access (3-month subscription)
- Windows Platform VM (for 60 days)
- Office Online Apps
Free Training Courses
In addition to all the amazing things listed above, there are also some really great Free training resources available:
- Pluralsight (3-month subscription) for a limited time
- Tamarin University mobile training
- WintellectNOW (3-month subscription)
- Microsoft Virtual Academy
- HackHands Live Programming Help ($25 credit)
- Priority Forum Support
To join and take advantage of these awesome free benefits, go Join the Visual Studio Dev Essentials today!