Are you having difficulty keeping up to date on all the frequent changes and updates in the Microsoft Azure space? Then the Build Azure Weekly has the solution you’re looking for. Build Azure Weekly is a weekly blog post that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive these in your email, then don’t forget to Subscribe!
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- Support for new VM sizes
- Azure DevTest Labs: Easier troubleshooting of artifact installation
- DocumentDB Python SDK 2.0.0 supports Python 3
- Azure DevTest Labs: Manage your data disks
With Datadog, you can see all your data in one place. Servers, clouds, apps, and more. Metrics, alerts, usage.
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Azure IoT loves Open Source by Same George
- Microsoft Cloud coming to France by Tom Keane
- Encryption At Rest with Azure Site Recovery is now generally available by Poornima Natarajan
- New lower Azure pricing by Takeshi Numoto
- Microsoft cuts prices on several of its Azure virtual machines by Mary Jo Foley
- BYOL VS VMs GA by Greg Duncan
Here’s a collection of some of the most note worthy blog articles posted over the past week:
- 9 IoT Sessions from Ignite 2016 – Watch On-Demand by Chris Pietschmann
- Microsoft Professional Program (MPP) Open Enrollment by Chris Pietschmann
- Redgate delivers efficient migrations for Azure SQL Data Warehouse by Matt Usher
- Add Microsoft Antimalware to Azure Service Fabric Clusters by Thomas W Shinder
- HockeyApp replacing App Insights…definitely not… by Brian Swiger
- Dashboard your next IoT project with Power BI by Greg Duncan
- Backup and Restore Cassandra on Azure by Paige Liu
- Set expiration date for VMs in Azure DevTest Labs by Raman Kumar
- Distributed Tracing in Service Fabric using Application Insights by Jomit Vaghela
- New resource blade for Azure SQL Data Warehouse by Matt Usher
- Microsoft Cloud in India by Tom Keane
- Azure Machine Learning Tutorial using Phyton, API and Excel by Lee Stott
- How I use Azure Logic App, API App and Function App in my life by Frank Boucher
- Azure DocumentDB SDK updates include Python 3 support by Mimi Gentz
- Azure Service Fabric – Common Networking Scenarios by Kevin Williamson
- Comments on – Manage Hadoop clusters in HDInsight using Azure PowerShell by CraigGu
- Create SQL Login and SQL User on your Azure SQL DB by Yochanan Rachamim
- Create an SSL enabled Web server farm with VM Scale Sets by Scott Semyan
- Design for cloud/hybrid identity by Kim Spilker
- SAP in Microsoft Azure Germany by RalfWi
- Introduction to Azure API management (part 2) by Armin Reiter
- Storing and using secrets in Azure by Bertrand Le Roy
- Open Source Software on Azure Fridays with the Azure black belts by Ron Abellera
- Required practice for applications integrating with Azure Active Directory by Gerardo Saca
- Automating database migration to SQL Azure by Chris Mitchell
- SnelStart uses Azure SQL Database Elastic Pools to rapidly expand its business services by Guy Haycock
- BMI calculator in Azure notebook by Sethu Srinivasan
- Azure is part of the 4th industrial revolution! by Michael
- Leveraging Azure Functions for MIT AppInventor Web Interactions by Daniel Cazzulino
- Deploy an App Service using Azure PowerShell to a Deployment Slot by Benjamin Perkins
- Step by Step approach to Copy data from Azure Data Lake to Azure SQL data warehouse using Azure Data Factory by Anindita-MSFT
Here are links to event or about events that were posted over the past week.
- Microsoft Machine Learning & Data Science Summit and Ignite: Recap by Joseph Sirosh
- ICYMI – Ignite 2016 Hybrid Cloud Announcements by Mark Harrison
- The Artificial Intelligence track at Future Decoded 2016 by Martin Kearn
- OMS TECH Fridays – Fall 2016 season by Roan Daley
Here are links to some of the videos that have been posted over the past week:
- AzureBot with Thiago Almeida via Microsoft Azure Cloud Cover Show
- Predict the value of your house using Azure Machine Learning via Channel 9
- R and Spark as Yin and Yang of Scalable Machine Learning in Azure HDInsight | Microsoft Machine Learning & Data Science Summit 2016 via Channel 9
- Scary, I can hear your thoughts – What will Azure AD do for me? | UK TechDays Online September 2016 via Channel 9
- Managing Your Microsoft Cloud Services with Yunboard via Channel 9
- Building the Future of Healthcare with Siemens teamplay and Microsoft Azure via Channel 9
- Connected Eyes: Will Machine Learning Give Us Better Eyesight? via Cortana Intelligence and Machine Learning Blog
- Data Science for Absolutely Everybody | Microsoft Machine Learning & Data Science Summit 2016 by Brandon Rohrer
Audio / Podcasts
To complete the collection of different mediums to allow you to consume your Azure news / info in any way you want, here’s a list of the podcasts released this week:
- Episode 147 – Kudu via The Azure Podcast
- Episode 159 | Microsoft Ignite Recap & Interview with Jeff Teper, Microsoft CVP SharePoint and OneDrive via Microsoft Cloud Show
Here’s some note worthy links about Cloud computing and other related topics that aren’t necessarily specific to Microsoft Azure:
- Here’s how I deal with managed platform outages by Troy Hunt
- Demystifying Container-related Terminology by Bruno Terkaly
- Server Encryption With An FPGA Offload Boost by Timothy Prickett Morgan
The types of feedback I’m looking for are:
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback on the Build Azure Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be.
Alternatively, you can join the Build Azure Slack Group as well.