Many of the newer certification exams from Microsoft target Azure and Public Cloud technologies. The Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud (70-247) certification exam is a little different since it will test expertise in monitoring and operating Private Cloud environments using Windows Server and Microsoft System Center 2012.
Retired Exam: This exam is being retired December 31, 2017.
Certification Target Audience
The focus on the Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud (70-247) certification exam is centered around Microsoft System Center. The exam is designed to target candidates who have experience setting up security, high-availability, fault tolerance, and networking of enterprise environments using Windows Server, and System Center 2012. Candidates should also have basic SQL Server and PowerShell knowledge, and application configuration experience.
Here is a high level list of the skills and objectives measured on the Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud (70-247) The percentages next to each of the objectives represent the percentage of the exam questions that will be focus on that specific objective.
- Design and deploy System Center (15-20%)
- Design a scalable System Center architecture
- Install the System Center infrastructure
- Upgrade System Center components
- Configure System Center infrastructure (20-25%)
- Configure System Center components
- Configure portals and dashboards
- Configure the fabric (25-30%)
- Configure the storage fabric
- Configure the network fabric
- Configure and manage the deployment and update servers
- Configure clouds and virtualization hosts
- Configure System Center integration (15-20%)
- Configure private cloud integration
- Configure integration of private and public clouds
- Configure and deploy virtual machines and services (15-20%)
- Configure profiles
- Create and configure server App-V packages
- Configure and deploy a service
- Update a service
When studying for this exam, you’ll certainly want to look at the official exam page from Microsoft for the full list of exam objectives covered. You’ll need to study each and every one of the objectives measured on the exam before attempting to take it.
There are a few training resources (paid and free) for preparing for the Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud (70-247) certification exam. Below is a list of a few of these resources:
Practice Test / Exam
Exam Ref 70-247: Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-247—and help demonstrate your real-world mastery configuring and deploying a private cloud using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSE level.