The Weeks Top LinksHere are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Tip 247 – Creating custom bindings for Azure Functions via Azure Tips and Tricks
- It’s time for you to install Windows Terminal via Scott Hanselman
- AZ-303 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Certification Exam (New in 2020!) via Chris Pietschmann
- AZ-304 Microsoft Azure Architect Design Certification Exam (New in 2020!) via Chris Pietschmann
The Ultimate Guide to Microsoft Certification
Advance your career through cloud certification
- Which certification is right for me?
- How much does it cost to get certified?
- What are the exams like?
- How do I get started?
- How do I study?
Latest Featured Articles
It's important to use plenty of great study materials when studying for that next Microsoft certification exam. There are many great paid resources available on the video course front. You can always read the official Microsoft documentation too. However, if you need...
Microsoft started shipping its Windows Dev Kit 2023 which is a new hardware device built for developers to use for developing, testing, and running Windows on ARM applications. With this device, Microsoft too is pushing further towards the ARM CPU direction with their...
Terraform local values (aka locals) enable the creation of expressions or values that can be easily referenced within the Terraform project or Terraform module. Using local values helps eliminate the duplication of hard coded values that are used multiple times...
There's no better way to prove your expertise with Microsoft technologies than earning a Microsoft certification. The certification exams are difficult as they really test your experience and expertise with Microsoft products. Also, some certifications even require...
There have been some in the community talking about new GitHub Certifications that are currently in a private beta available to Microsoft Partners (and maybe Microsoft employees too) that are let into this early program. I've been wondering for some time as to when...
Azure Bastion is the more secure way to enable Remote Desktop (RDP) support for Azure Virtual Machines (VMs). Basically, an Azure Bastion host gets deployed to an Azure Virtual Network (VNet). Once deployed, the Azure Bastion host enables the ability to securely use...
Azure Service UpdatesHere are the latest service updates from Microsoft over the last week:
- Azure IoT C# and Java SDKs release new long-term support (LTS) branches
- Power BI report authoring APIs now support a new aggregation function
- Azure Private Link is now generally available
- Azure Backup now supports Windows Server 2008 Virtual Machine backup
- Kubernetes on Azure Stack in GA
- Move from App Center Auth and Data Preview services to alternative Azure services before 3 May 2020
- Azure Cognitive Services—New types added to Named Entity Recognition v3
- Introducing the new Azure Monitor Log Analytics table pane (Schema)
- Azure Resource Manager template support for NSG flow logs
- Native Azure Active Directory authentication support and Azure VPN Client now available
- New Azure SQL Database automatic tuning default settings—March 2020
- Update servers and applications to TLS 1.2 by March 13, 2020
If you have any suggestions or general feedback on the Build5Nines Weekly, then I’d love to hear it! Please contact me and send it on over! Please feel free to reach out to let me know your feedback on the Build5Nines Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be! Thanks for subscribing to Build5Nines Weekly!
Microsoft MVP – Azure