The Weeks Top LinksHere are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Tip 247 – Creating custom bindings for Azure Functions via Azure Tips and Tricks
- It’s time for you to install Windows Terminal via Scott Hanselman
- AZ-303 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Certification Exam (New in 2020!) via Chris Pietschmann
- AZ-304 Microsoft Azure Architect Design Certification Exam (New in 2020!) via Chris Pietschmann
The Ultimate Guide to Microsoft Certification
Advance your career through cloud certification
- Which certification is right for me?
- How much does it cost to get certified?
- What are the exams like?
- How do I get started?
- How do I study?
Latest Featured Articles
Have you ever created an Azure web application, created a DNS record from your domain, and then deleted the web app without deleting the DNS record? Then you have just created a major security risk! I came across a fantastic article the other day on the Azure Security...
Build5Nines Weekly provides your go-to source to keep up-to-date on all the latest Microsoft Azure news and updates. Included within Build5Nines Weekly newsletter are blog articles, podcasts, videos, and more from Microsoft and the greater community over the past...
While there are several ways to host container workloads in Azure, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) provides the easiest way to deploy Kubernetes for teams needing a full orchestration solution. AKS seems to gain new features every week. Depending on your needs...
I have worked with Terraform for a few years, from entirely open demo environments to customers with strict security and compliance requirements. I haven't had the same opportunity to work with Pulumi in strictly regulated environments, but I know Pulumi has...
The Azure CLI can be updated from the command-line in Windows. The command az upgrade is used for this, and it has a few options which are useful. Like all Azure CLI (az) commands, there is help that can be revealed when running the command with the -h az upgrade -h...
The upcoming Module feature for Azure Bicep really enhances the new ARM Template alternative language in a way that ARM JSON never did. Using Azure Bicep Modules you can easily create reusable bicep code that will eliminate copy/paste of bicep code across multiple...
Azure Service UpdatesHere are the latest service updates from Microsoft over the last week:
- Azure IoT C# and Java SDKs release new long-term support (LTS) branches
- Power BI report authoring APIs now support a new aggregation function
- Azure Private Link is now generally available
- Azure Backup now supports Windows Server 2008 Virtual Machine backup
- Kubernetes on Azure Stack in GA
- Move from App Center Auth and Data Preview services to alternative Azure services before 3 May 2020
- Azure Cognitive Services—New types added to Named Entity Recognition v3
- Introducing the new Azure Monitor Log Analytics table pane (Schema)
- Azure Resource Manager template support for NSG flow logs
- Native Azure Active Directory authentication support and Azure VPN Client now available
- New Azure SQL Database automatic tuning default settings—March 2020
- Update servers and applications to TLS 1.2 by March 13, 2020
If you have any suggestions or general feedback on the Build5Nines Weekly, then I’d love to hear it! Please contact me and send it on over! Please feel free to reach out to let me know your feedback on the Build5Nines Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be! Thanks for subscribing to Build5Nines Weekly!
Microsoft MVP – Azure