Are you having difficulty keeping up to date on all the frequent changes and updates in the Microsoft Azure space? Then the Build Azure Weekly has the solution you’re looking for. Build Azure Weekly is a weekly blog post that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive these in your email, then don’t forget to Subscribe!
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- Azure Functions portal and host improvements
- General availability: Azure cool blob storage in additional regions
With Datadog, you can see all your data in one place. Servers, clouds, apps, and more. Metrics, alerts, usage.
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- What is Serverless Architecture? by Chris Pietschmann
- Azure Developer Exam (70-532) Gets ARM Refresh by Chris Pietschmann
- Azure Infrastructure Exam (70-533) Gets ARM Refresh by Chris Pietschmann
- Azure Architecture Exam (70-534) Gets ARM Refresh by Chris Pietschmann
- Azure Relay – cross-platform, open-protocol connections by Clemens Vasters
- Azure Blueprint takes takes on DoD Level 4 by Nate Johnson
- Azure DocumentDB updates: quick start experience, backup and restore, and firewall support by Kirill Gavrylyuk
- New Additions to the Data Science Virtual Machine – Test Drive, Community Forums, Deep Learning by Paul Shealy
- Project Bletchley – Blockchain comes to Azure Marketplace by Christine Avanessians
- Creating and Debugging Azure Functions Locally by Adrian Hall
- New Azure Government Documentation by Lily Kim
Here’s a collection of some of the most note worthy blog articles posted over the past week:
- Fix Cloud Services “IISExpress Development Certificate is Not Installed” Error on Localhost by Chris Pietschmann
- Routing Network Traffic to Stateful Services in Service Fabric by John Adams
- 9 Things You Should Do To Optimize HBase Performance in HDInsight via Cortana Intelligence and Machine Learning Blog
- The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Image in the Azure Gallery by freddyk
- Microsoft Azure Government and Booz Allen Announce Virtual Cloud Defense by Derek Stausbaugh
- Connect to Azure SQL Database by Using Azure AD Authentication by Michael Collier
- Webinar 11/7: Announcing Microsoft Flow General Availability by Charles Sterling
- Close Common Security Holes with Azure Security Center by Thomas W Shinder
- Announcing the Winners – Women’s Health Risk Assessment Competition by Hai Ning
- Azure Blueprint takes ATO processes to the next level by Nate Johnson
- Azure Search and Backup available in Canada by Chelsea Carter
- Recommendation API now available through Microsoft Cognitive services by Akshey Gupta
- Refer azure runbook activity output in PowerShell expression by Jebarson J
- How to determine the installed .NET version in Azure App Services by Jeff Sanders
- General availability: Azure cool blob storage in additional regions by Michael Hauss
- Microsoft Power BI – Choosing the Offering that Meets Your Needs by Benjamin Xue
- What is Microsoft Bot Framework Overview by Lee Stott
- Azure Storage REST API: Authenticate with C# by Tobias Zimmergren
- Port limit for an Azure App Service by Benjamin Perkins
- Introducing Custom Modules in the Cortana Intelligence Gallery by Roopali Kaujalgi
- Azure Backup supports encrypted Azure virtual machines using Portal and PowerShell by Pallavi Joshi
- Memory metrics for an Azure Web App and App Service Plan by Benjamin Perkins
- Moving an Azure App Service by Benjamin Perkins
- Microsoft Azure Goes Back To Rack Servers With Project Olympus by Timothy Prickett Morgan
- [Sample Of NOV. 01] How to get registrations from Azure Notification Hub by Baidu channel in Java via OneCode Team
- Power BI – Comparing Date Selection Visuals – Slicer vs Timeline by Samuel Lester
- Azure SQL Database: Now supporting up to 10 years of Backup Retention (Public Preview) by Alexander (Sasha) Nosov
- How Does Azure Security Center Help Microsoft IT? by Thomas W Shinder
- PowerApps, Flow and Common Data Service General Availability announcements by Ragnar Heil
- Applying Deep Learning at Cloud Scale, with Microsoft R Server & Azure Data Lake via Cortana Intelligence and Machine Learning Blog
- Microsoft reimagines open source cloud hardware by Kushagra Vaid
- Automated notifications from Azure Monitor for Atlassian JIRA by Paul Bouwer
- Create a memory dump of your App Service when it consumes too much memory by Benjamin Perkins
- Connecting Azure Data Lake Analytics/Storage with Azure HDInsight Clusters by Anindita
- OMS Data Collector API and Twitter Sentiment Demo (Part 1) by Rafaela Brownlie
- Goofing around with the Cognitive Services Translator API by Bryan C Smith
Here are links to some of the videos that have been posted over the past week:
- Getting Started with Azure Security Center via Channel 9
- Episode 218: DDD and CQRS on Service Fabric with Media Valet via Microsoft Azure Cloud Cover Show
- HBase Architecture , Use cases & Best practices in HDInsight by AshishThapliyal
- Virtual Network (vNet) Peering via Azure Friday
- Azure Site Recovery Video Series by Eric W. DeBord
- More with SQL Server on Linux | Data Exposed via Channel 9
- Building a physical bot using the BotFramework – FreddyTheFishBot @FutureDecoded 2016 by Jamie Dalton
- Provide client SDKs for your APIs with APIMATIC and Azure API Management by MiaoJiang
- PowerBI Embedded GA | Azure Friday via Azure Friday
- The Endpoint Zone with Brad Anderson  [October] | The Endpoint Zone with Brad Anderson via Channel 9
- Episode 217: Azure Active Directory B2C with Swaroop Krishnamurthy | Microsoft Azure Cloud Cover Show via Channel 9
- Build Social Sentiment Analysis Solution using Microsoft Azure Services by sudhirblog
- What’s new in Azure DocumentDB? via Azure Friday
Audio / Podcasts
To complete the collection of different mediums to allow you to consume your Azure news / info in any way you want, here’s a list of the podcasts released this week:
- Episode 151 – Azure Security Center via The Azure Podcast
- Episode 163 | New Microsoft and Google Products and Update on what AC’s Up To via Microsoft Cloud Show
- Azure API Management with Vishwas Lele via .NET Rocks!
General / Related
Here’s some note worthy links about Cloud computing and other related topics that aren’t necessarily specific to Microsoft Azure:
- Microsoft launches its Slack competitor, Microsoft Teams via ZDNet
- Overview of DDoS Attacks by Barclay Neira
- Introducing Visio Online Public Preview via Visio Team
- Mainstreaming Machine Learning: Emerging Solutions by Nicole Hemsoth
- Visualize your Raspberry Pi containers with Portainer or UI for Docker via Docker Pirates
- Will graphene radios unlock IoT access to terahertz band? by Matthew Pierson
Doe you have any suggestions or general feedback on the Build Azure Weekly blog series? Please contact me and send it on over! Or tweet it over to @BuildAzure.
The types of feedback I’m looking for are:
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback on the Build Azure Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be.
Alternatively, you can join the Build Azure Slack Group as well.