Are you having difficulty keeping up to date on all the frequent changes and updates in the Microsoft Azure space? Then the Build Azure Weekly has the solution you’re looking for. Build Azure Weekly is a weekly blog post that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive these in your email, then you’ll absolutely want to Subscribe!
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Azure Management Libraries for .NET generally available now by Asir Selvasingh
- Grove IoT Commercial Gateway Kit from Seeed by Chris Pietschmann
- Azure IoT Suite “Connected Factory” solution is ready by Faruk Celik
- Announcing new Azure Services in the UK by Andres Juarez
Opsgility is the leading Microsoft cloud technology trainer for developers and IT professionals, built around an esteemed network of industry experts and technical authors that includes Microsoft MVPs and Microsoft Insiders in more than 10 countries.
We provide live, instructor-led (onsite and virtual) courses as well as self-paced, online courses that go above and beyond simple videos or blog posts. Each course is designed to comprehensively guide the student through the subject by providing expert instructors, step-by-step hands-on labs, and knowledge measures to assess and ensure new skills are mastered.
Get started today with Microsoft Dev Essentials and get 3 months Free of Opsgility on-demand streaming service!
Here’s a collection of some of the most note worthy blog articles posted over the past week:
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Penny Pinching in the Cloud: Lift and Shift vs App Services – When a VM in the Cloud isn’t what you want by Scott Hanselman
- Networking to and within the Azure Cloud, part 3 by Olivier Martin
- Add Azure Antimalware Extension to a VM Scale Set by Pam Lahoud
- Azure IaaS and Architecture Training – Coming to a city near you! by Sarah Arnold
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- IIS Azure Web App – Force HTTPS AlwaysOn ping should return 200 for FastCGI sites by Jeff Sanders
- ASP.NET Core Logging with Azure App Service and Serilog by Jeffrey T. Fritz
- Has Azure Mobile Apps reached the end? by Adrian Hall
- Azure Mobile Apps Quickstart Samples available as GitHub repositories by Adrian Hall
Functions as a Service (FaaS)
- Introducing the Serverless Framework for Azure Functions by Christos Matskas
- Article: ‘Serverless’ computing: a technology trigger by Sandeep Alur
- Functioning Private Visual Studio Gallery via Azure Functions by Greg Duncan
Database / Big Data
- Data Factory Scheduling by Robin Lester
- HDInsight tools for IntelliJ & Eclipse April Updates by Jenny Jiang
- Azure Data Lake U-SQL April 25 2017 Updates: Introducing Packages, UNPIVOT INCLUDE NULLS, fast file set preview flag, R extension returns dataframes, exporting your cluster database with sample data to your local run and more! by MRys
- Graph Database in SQL Server by DataPlatJP
- Using Microsoft’s Deep Learning Toolkit with Spark on Azure HDInsight Clusters by Miruna Oprescu
Internet of Things (IoT)
- Sock IoT with this Azure Connected System-on-a-chip Project by Greg Duncan
- Azure IoT Gateway SDK packages now available by Mohammed Furqan
- Scenario-based tutorials to learn IoT development with Azure and Azure IoT Hub by Xin Shi
- Creating Bots in the Microsoft Bot Framework using Node.js by Arm Koukia
- Azure Cognitive API in action by shupadh
- Team Services Extensions Roundup – April by Joseph Bourne
- Setup continuous deployment to MS Azure Government using Visual Studio Team Services by Shashank Bansal
- Dev/Test in the Cloud by Arm Koukia
- How to git push from VSTS build by Donovan Brown
- Azure management libraries for Java generally available now by Asir Selvasingh
Certification / Learning
- How to Create Your Own Know it Prove it Challenge Playlist by Matthew Calder
- Speed up Service Fabric development with the new Refresh Application debug mode by Service Fabric Team
- MAS – Azure Stack Infrastructure Roles by gpillai
- Azure Red Shirt Dev Tour ’17 by FitGeekGirl
- AZURE event 25th May 2017 with Scott Guthrie, Microsoft’s EVP of Cloud & Enterprise. by Lee Stott
- DockerCon 2017: The Top Rated Sessions by Victor Coisne
- Microsoft Azure at NAB Show 2017 by Sudheer Sirivara
- See what’s next for Azure at Microsoft Ignite via Microsoft Azure
- Global Azure Bootcamp 2017 by Andrei Dzimchuk
- How to make a movie the secure way at NAB Show 2017 by Alice Rison
- Check us out at Virtual Azure Gov Discovery Day! by Spenser Bullock
- Tips on Azure Resource Groups by Arm Koukia
- Continuously publish your PowerShell module to PowerShell Gallery by using GitHub and VSTS by Kenichiro Nakamura
- Azure Billing REST API sample postman request by Maheshk
- Installing Azure CLI 2.0: workaround for error installing pyyaml by Peter Kirchner
- Post your harddrive for upload to the Azure Cloud by Lee Stott
- Send email from Azure SendGrid using PowerShell by Sanganak
- Backup and restore your Azure Analysis Services models by Josh Caplan
- Azure Billing Reader role and preview of Invoice API by Vikram Desai
- Now announcing: Azure Media Player v2.0 by Saili Race
- Monetizing your content with Azure Media Player by Saili Raje
- How Azure Security Center detects a Bitcoin mining attack by Jessen Kurien
Here are links to some of the videos that have been posted over the past week:
- Azure Monitor Notifications via Azure Friday
- Tuesdays with Corey – DockerCon Announces | Tuesdays With Corey via Channel 9
- MSSQL Extension for VS Code | Data Exposed via Channel 9
- Azure Marketplace via Azure Friday
- Episode 2: Germany – Interview with Dominick Baier | The MVP Show via Channel 9
- Episode 2: Germany Part II – Modern Authentication Architecture | The MVP Show via Channel 9
- Keynote- Joseph Sirosh | Microsoft Data Amp 2017 via Channel 9
Audio / Podcasts
To complete the collection of different mediums to allow you to consume your Azure news / info in any way you want, here’s a list of the podcasts released this week:
- Episode 176 – Networking Discussion via The Azure Podcast
- Today’s Cloud, Containers, and Architecture with Kelsey Hightower via Hanselminutes
- DevOps Readiness Assessment with Jez Humble and Nicole Forsgren via .NET Rocks!
- Episode 190 | News update on Office 365, Docker, Azure Functions, Azure Search and More Azure! via Microsoft Cloud Show
- Mobile Games using Xamarin Forms and Azure Service Fabric with Jon Peppers via .NET Rocks!
General Cloud / Related
Here’s some noteworthy links about Cloud computing and other related topics that aren’t necessarily specific to Microsoft Azure:
- Create a security system with cameras on your Windows IOT Raspberry Pi by CalvinH
- Intel Moves Xeons To The Moore’s Law Leading Edge by Timothy Prickett Morgan
- Alfred V.1 – Voice Controlled, IoT, Bluetooth, Servant Robot Using Arduino and Raspberry Pi #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi by Ben
- Raspberry Pi Network Speed Test: RPi2, RPi3, Zero, Zero W (LAN & WiFI) #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi by Jessica
- Reckon you’ve seen some stupid security things? Here, hold my beer… by Troy Hunt
- Companies join Linux Foundation to build open IoT edge framework by Cate Lawrence
- IoT Analytics report: The journey towards successful IoT solutions via ReadWrite
- Watch Artificial Intelligence Lose Its Mind While Watching Bob Ross #ArtTuesday via Adafruit
The types of feedback I’m looking for are:
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback on the Build Azure Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be.
Alternatively, you can join the Build Azure Slack Group as well.