Do you find it difficult to keep up-to-date on the frequent updates and changes in the Microsoft Azure cloud? If so, Build Azure Weekly is the solution you’ve been looking for! Build Azure Weekly is a weekly newsletter that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive the newsletter in your email every week, then you’ll absolutely want to Subscribe!
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- Azure DevTest Labs: Changes in exporting custom image VHD files
- Azure BizTalk Services: Simplifying our Azure offerings
- Azure DevTest Labs: Use Azure CLI to claim VMs in a lab
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Announcing public preview of disaster recovery for Azure IaaS virtual machines by Rochak Mittal
- Azure CLI 2.0: Make Bash Output More Readable by Chris Pietschmann
- Announcing the preview of Azure’s Largest Disk sizes by Yuemin Lu
Opsgility is the leading Microsoft cloud technology trainer for developers and IT professionals, built around an esteemed network of industry experts and technical authors that includes Microsoft MVPs and Microsoft Insiders in more than 10 countries.
We provide live, instructor-led (onsite and virtual) courses as well as self-paced, online courses that go above and beyond simple videos or blog posts. Each course is designed to comprehensively guide the student through the subject by providing expert instructors, step-by-step hands-on labs, and knowledge measures to assess and ensure new skills are mastered.
Get started today with Microsoft Dev Essentials and get 3 months Free of Opsgility on-demand streaming service!
Here’s a collection of some of the most note worthy blog articles posted over the past week:
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Connect Windows 10 Clients to Azure VPN by Admin Reiter
- Have you ever lost your job because of an outage? by Dan Patrick
- Azure Security Center adds Context Alerts to aid threat investigation by Ian Hellen
- Introducing Modern Backup Storage with Azure Backup Server on Windows Server 2016 by Maanas Saran
- Protect Windows Server 2016 and vCenter/ESXi 6.5 using Azure Backup Server by Maanas Saran
- Load Balancer Template with multiple Health probes and Load Balancing rules by Sonam Rastogi
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Configuration of client certificates, delegated authentication and repository now available in new Azure Portal by Anton Babadjanov
- May 2017 App Service update by Byron Tardif
- Troubleshooting Azure App Services Web App, Mobile App or API App 500s by Benjamin Perkins
Serverless and Functions as a Service (FaaS)
- Azure Functions tip: working locally with F# Scripts by brandewinder
- Deploying Visual Studio 2017 Function Projects with VSTS by Donna Malayeri
- Microsoft Teams Custom Bots with Azure Functions by Simon J.K. Pedersen
- Azure CLI 2.0: Make Bash Output More Readable by Chris Pietschmann
- Azure CLI 2.0: Reset / Change Azure VM Password by Chris Pietschmann
Database / Big Data
- HDInsight tools for IntelliJ May updates by Jenny Jiang
- Azure SQL Data Sync Refresh by Joshua Gnanayutham
- Azure SQL DW Learning, Expanding by JoeMVP
- Higher database eDTU limits for Standard elastic pools in Azure SQL Database by Morgan Oslake
- Run massive parallel R Jobs in Azure, now at a fraction of the price by JS Tan
- HDInsight : BUILD Hive Lab is available now by Ashish Thapliyal
- Connecting Power BI to your Visual Studio Team Services Account by Charles Sterling
Internet of Things (IoT)
- IoT Hub message routing: now with routing on message body by Nicole Berdy
Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
- GA of Cognitive Toolkit 2.0 – Microsoft’s Open Source, Enterprise-Ready, TensorFlow-Outperforming AI Toolkit by Cortana Intelligence and Machine Learning Blog
- Delivering AI with data: the next generation of Microsoft’s data platform by MSDNBlogAdmin
- Data Cleansing Tools in Azure Machine Learning by Chervine
- Azure Cosmos DB: Build a .NET application using the Table API by Benjamin Xue
- Fix: Error Deploying Azure ARM Template from Visual Studio Project by Chris Pietschmann
- Developing Stream Analytics Jobs in Visual Studio by MutazAG
- How to integrate Application Insights monitoring in your Team Services extension by mikaelkrief
- Using GitHooks with Visual Studio Team Services on Windows via Visual Studio Geeks
- Testing Bots with Microsoft Fakes by Donovan Brown
- Securing Azure Storage Tables with SAS authentication and CORS in .NET by Christos Matskas
Certification / Learning
- Docker for AWS and Azure: Secure By Default Container Platform by Riyaz Faizullabhoy
- Re-iterating communication options in Service Fabric by Andrei Dzimchuk
- Streamlining Kubernetes development with Draft by Gabe Monroy
- Setting up CI/CD for Docker Container Running in Kubernetes using VSTS by ddeeb
- Web API with Docker and Kubernetes by ddeeb
- Talk: When NOT to use PowerShell with Azure by Bill Wilder
- Upcoming Changes To ACS Enabled Namespaces by Justin Conway
- Protect Windows Server System State to cloud with Azure Backup! by Saurabh Sensharma
- Azure AD B2C — Kicking it up a notch with support for AAD as IdP by Andreas Helland
- Azure Government, Supporting Critical Missions with the NIST CSF by Matt Rathbun
- Getting started with the Video Indexer API by Anika Zaman
- Building an Azure Analysis Services Model for Azure Blobs — Part 2 by Kay Unkroth
- Role Based Access Control and Azure Subscription GUID by Lee Stott
- Industrial Scale Onboarding in Microsoft Azure by Tom Hollander
- Industrial Scale RBAC in Microsoft Azure by Tom Hollander
Here are links to some of the videos that have been posted over the past week:
- TWC9: VR, MR, Always-Connected at Computex, Building a Chat Bot, A Tale of Two Kernels and more… | This Week On Channel 9 via Channel 9
- Spark Performance Tuning – Part 1 | Data Exposed via Channel 9
- Azure Hybrid Networking 201 via Azure Friday
- KEYNOTE: Azure Stack – It’s More Radical Than You Think | DEVintersection 2017 Orlando by Jeffrey Snover, Don jones
- Tuesdays with Corey: M-Series and Nested Virtualization on Azure | Tuesdays With Corey via Channel 9
- Episode 229: Azure Time Series Insights | Microsoft Azure Cloud Cover Show via Channel 9
Audio / Podcasts
To complete the collection of different mediums to allow you to consume your Azure news / info in any way you want, here’s a list of the podcasts released this week:
- Episode 181 – AAD DS via The Azure Podcast
- Episode 197 | The State of Cloud Computing with Ben Kepes via Microsoft Cloud Show
- Security Nightmares with Troy Hunt via .NET Rocks!
General Cloud / Related
Here’s some noteworthy links about Cloud computing and other related topics that aren’t necessarily specific to Microsoft Azure:
- ToDo – Voice Activated IoT RPi ToDo List by Herve Roggero
- Intel Announces Core X-Series, “Coffee Lake,” Compute Cards, More by Paul Thurrott
The types of feedback I’m looking for are:
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback on the Build Azure Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be.
Alternatively, you can join the Build Azure Slack Group as well.