Do you find it difficult to keep up-to-date on the frequent updates and changes in the Microsoft Azure cloud? If so, Build Azure Weekly is the solution you’ve been looking for! Build Azure Weekly is a weekly newsletter that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive the newsletter in your email every week, then you’ll absolutely want to Subscribe!
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
Microsoft did not announce any Azure service updates over this last week. Hopefully we’ll see more updated next week!
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Alpha Preview for Durable Functions by Chris Anderson
- Announcing Azure Service Health preview by Dushyant Gill
- Announcing new set of Azure Services in the UK by Andres Juarez
- Design patterns for microservices by Mike Wasson
- Walkthrough of Azure Cosmos DB Graph (Gremlin) by Tsuyoshi Matsuzaki
Opsgility is the leading Microsoft cloud technology trainer for developers and IT professionals, built around an esteemed network of industry experts and technical authors that includes Microsoft MVPs and Microsoft Insiders in more than 10 countries.
We provide live, instructor-led (onsite and virtual) courses as well as self-paced, online courses that go above and beyond simple videos or blog posts. Each course is designed to comprehensively guide the student through the subject by providing expert instructors, step-by-step hands-on labs, and knowledge measures to assess and ensure new skills are mastered.
Get started today with Microsoft Dev Essentials and get 3 months Free of Opsgility on-demand streaming service!
Here’s a collection of some of the most note worthy blog articles posted over the past week:
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Make practical use of NSG Flow Logs for troubleshooting by James R Tabor
- Tracking configuration changes for your Azure VM by Jenny Hunter
- Migrating to SAP HANA on Azure by Michiel van Otegem
- Send Telemetry to Splunk Enterprise from Azure Resources via Azure Monitor, Part 2 by Greg Oliver
- Send Telemetry to Splunk Enterprise from Azure Resources via Azure Monitor, Part 3 by Greg Oliver
- Send Telemetry to Splunk Enterprise from Azure Resources via Azure Monitor, Part 4 by Greg Oliver
- Send Telemetry to Splunk Enterprise from Azure Resources via Azure Monitor, Part 5 by Greg Oliver
- Azure Site Recovery – VMWare to Azure – Best Practises by j.niesen
- OMS now in the UK Azure region by CliveW
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Bind a custom domain to your Azure App Service, 2 steps by Benjamin Perkins
- Azure App Service vs Web Hosting by IrvingH
- Autoscaling Azure Web Apps by Holger Sirti
- Application Insights Performance Profiler by Bart
- Get Azure PaaS Endpoint IPs by James R Tabor
- How to Develop and Host a Proof-of-Concept Prototype on Azure App Services for Web Apps by Lee Stott
Serverless and Functions as a Service (FaaS)
- Securing an Azure Functions App with EasyAuth and AD B2C by SoundCode
- Converting XML to JSON with Azure Logic Apps by Michiel van Otegem
- Serverless computing with Azure Function in a DevOps Model by Ganesh Shankaran
Database / Big Data
- Spatial Data Analysis with R by Lee Stott
- APS Polybase to Azure Blob Store by Charl Roux
- Azure SQL Data Sync Test Drive and First Impressions by Igor Pagliai
- Handling data encoding issues while loading data to SQL Data Warehouse by Matt Goswell
- Super Charge Power BI with Azure Analysis Services by Josh Caplan
Internet of Things (IoT)
- Security Features on IoT Core via Channel 9
Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Vision Made Easy with Cognitive Services by Andrew Kanieski
- Create Bot for Microsoft Graph with DevOps 9: BotBuilder features – FormFlow 101 by Kenichiro Nakamura
- Create Bot for Microsoft Graph with DevOps 10: BotBuilder features – FormFlow 201 FormBuilder by Kenichiro Nakamura
- Create Bot for Microsoft Graph with DevOps 11: BotBuilder features – Global Message Hanlders by Kenichiro Nakamura
- Create Bot for Microsoft Graph with DevOps 12: BotBuilder features – Implementing Proactive Messsaging by Kenichiro Nakamura
- Compliance on Azure Government by Steve Michelotti
- Announcing public preview of Wiki in Visual Studio Team Services by Sandeep Chadda
Certification / Learning
- Overcoming negative experiences and stereotypes in computer science education via Microsoft Learning
- Education Technology – The transformational potential of Microsoft Azure by Millie Stevinson
Containers and Service Fabric
- Mesosphere DCOS, Azure, Docker, VMware & Everything Between – SSH Authorized Keys by Lior Kamrat
- Using PerfView with Azure Service Fabric Event Source Messages by Mark Eisenberg
- Missed Azure OpenDev? Watch the videos on-demand now! by John Gossman
- How Azure Security Center detects DDoS attack using cyber threat intelligence by Jessen Kurien
- Analyze your Check Point logs with OMS Security by The Scripting Guys
- AADConnect – Multi Forest Synchronisation Planning by Mike Duddington
- Top 10 resources I use to keep up to date with new innovations on the Azure Platform by esthergergis
- Tips and Tricks to Save money when using Azure by Lee Stott
- Microsoft Analytics Aims to Analyze Worker Habits, Point to More Productivity via SuperSite for Windows
- HelloWorld Chef on Windows, Knife, Cookbook, IIS, Windows Azure & everything in between… via Visual Studio Geeks
Here are links to some of the videos that have been posted over the past week:
- Azure Mobile App – Under the Hood via Azure Friday
- Azure Mobile App Overview via Azure Friday
- Episode 231: Azure Functions Local Debugging and More with Donna Malayeri | Microsoft Azure Cloud Cover Show via Channel 9
- Azure Functions in Two Minutes by John Papa
Audio / Podcasts
To complete the collection of different mediums to allow you to consume your Azure news / info in any way you want, here’s a list of the podcasts released this week:
- Episode 186 – Azure Mobile App via The Azure Podcast
- Episode 202 | Azure and AWS News via Microsoft Cloud Show
General Cloud / Related
Here’s some noteworthy links about Cloud computing and other related topics that aren’t necessarily specific to Microsoft Azure:
- The Small Micro:bit Makes it Big in the US and Canada by Greg Duncan
- Visual Studio Code Extension for Arduino is now open sourced! by Zhidi Shang
- Closing the gap between TFS and Scrum by Alexei Govorine
Do you have any suggestions or general feedback on the Build Azure Weekly blog series? Please contact me and send it on over! Or tweet it over to @BuildAzure.
The types of feedback I’m looking for are:
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback on the Build Azure Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be.
Alternatively, you can join the Build Azure Slack Group as well.