Do you find it difficult to keep up-to-date on the frequent updates and changes in the Microsoft Azure cloud? If so, Build Azure Weekly is the solution you’ve been looking for! Build Azure Weekly is a weekly newsletter that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive the newsletter in your email every week, then you’ll absolutely want to Subscribe!
The Weeks Top Links
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Azure Tips and Tricks Part 183 – Optimize what you spend on the cloud with Azure Cost Management via Michael Crump
- Azure IoT Edge runtime available for Ubuntu virtual machines via Greg Manyak
- Third Party IoT solution Accelerators via Microsoft Developer
- Service Fabric Customer Architecture: ZEISS Group via AzureCAT
- Migrating your existing on-prem SQL Server database to Azure SQL DB via Angelos Petropoulos
Azure Service Updates
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- Azure API Management update February 14
- Azure Sphere 19.02 Release
- Azure DevOps Roadmap update for 2019 Q1
- Public preview: Power BI Embedded support for application authentication with service principal
- CVE-2019-5736 and runC vulnerability in AKS
- CVE-2019-5736 fix for Azure IoT Edge
- Public preview: Azure Service Bus for Node.js
- VPN Gateway resource GUID and name changes
- ExpressRoute to VNet Gateway name changes
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL and MySQL Resource GUID and name changes
- Service Bus name change
- Backup SQL Server in Azure VM Protected Instances resource GUID and name change
- Resource GUID and name changes
- Container Registry Build vCPU Duration name change
- Virtual Network Public IP name and resource GUID changes
- Storage Standard SSD Managed Disks name changes
- Advanced Data Security for SQL Database name changes
If you haven’t checked out what Opsgility has to offer yet, please click the link below and go check out the awesome training offered!
Are you looking for a clear and outlined path to learn Microsoft Azure? No matter if you’re a Developer, IT Pro, or Architect, Opsgility has courses that will help you learn how to build and implement solutions within Microsoft Azure more affectively and efficiently. The on-demand and instructor-led courses from Opsgility offer maximum flexibility to learn how you learn best, and to help your team grow into the cloud experts you need them to be in an efficient manner.
Opsgility is the leading Microsoft cloud technology trainer for developers and IT professionals, built around an esteemed network of industry experts and technical authors that includes Microsoft MVPs and Microsoft Insiders in more than 10 countries.
Get started today with Microsoft Dev Essentials and get 3 months Free of Opsgility on-demand streaming service!
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback on the Build Azure Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be.
You can also join the Build Azure Slack Group as well.